Ah, a New Year. Finally a chance to do everything I've ever meant to do! Well, maybe I'll stick with just a few of those things.
It's bitterly cold out here in Chicagoland but inside I'm starting to plan out my year.
- Paint the retaining wall below the railing I fixed
- Re-Paint my front door a new color & treat/fix/paint/stain my other front door (yea, I have 2 because of the weird orientation of my house)
- Help my husband organize and decorate his office; all the trim needs to be painted, too
- Get my crap together- photos, memories, paperwork, accounts, computer, etc - get it all organized and backed-up
- Plant a lot more perennials
- Train for a spring half marathon using the Galloway Method to help my pace. I've done two other half marathons but didn't train for them properly.
- Train for a fall marathon????? I started doing this last year and got burned out. I'm hoping the Galloway method helps me maintain commitment.
- Integrate cross-training more. I used to bike all the time.. I need to do it more; maybe add Spin during these winter months.
- Reduce my sugar intake. I don't ever want to live in a world without cookies but a recent major cavity and new crown has me wary of all the sugar I'm eating. Oh yeah, and it is AWFUL for my health.
- Set-up my first investment account - our early retirement money to get us through early retirement to when we can start withdrawing from the 401k (about 10-12 years)
- Plan a cost effective 10th anniversary trip
- Switch to an MVNO for our cell phones- I need to wait until closer to our contract renewal in September to lessen the early termination charge impacts with our current provider
We did make one major improvement already- we cancelled cable! We are the proud new owners of a digital antenna. We also have Hulu Plus, Netflix and Amazon Prime as well as a Roku, so we should be good.
Happy New Year, Everyone! What do you have in store for yourself this year?