Back in July, I made a list of stuff to do around the house before the end of the year. I highly doubt I'll be doing much else the rest of the year, so here is an update:
- Paint that damned kitchen window DONE!!
- Paint the fake-y wood closet door in our living room the same semi-gloss white as the rest of our trim/doors DONE!!
- Paint the railing and retaining wall that leads out from our lower level utility room (the rail is rusting and the paint is chipping/old) HALF DONE! I only did the railing. I guess I'll have to wait 'til May for the rest.
- Get the surround sound in the family room working (we have all the components, I think, and the last owner was an audiophile who'd installed speakers into the wall/ceiling for the tv) DONE!! Thanks, Dad.
- MAYBE: If I save enough money, I may have the house replumbed. Our old cast iron pipes are deteriorating from the inside and and close to going bad. When we got a new water heater a couple months ago, the guys said it did not look good which corresponds to how badly our pipes deliver water in winter. This will definitely get done, it's just a matter of when. And I will obviously have to hire this out. Nope. Still need to save my emergency money.
I'll need to start thinking about what I can accomplish indoors this winter. I'm thinking...
- Paint the insides of a few closets. I've been wanting to do this for a while but I keep putting it off.
- Frame and hang a lot of art I have.
- I have no idea what else. Dust, probably. Been a while.
What have you accomplished this year? Any winter plans?